meyu [at] biostat.wisc.edu
PhD, Biostatistics, University of Michigan, 2003
Research Interests: Clinical Biostatistics; Causal inference; Risk prediction; Treatment Selection.
Selected Methods Publications [ * indicates corresponding author ]
1. Huling J, Yu M*, Liang M, Smith M (2017). Risk Prediction for Heterogeneous Populations with Application to Hospital Admission Prediction. Biometrics, in press.
2. Chen S, Tian L, Cai T, Yu M* (2017). A General Statistical Framework for Subgroup Identification and Comparative Treatment Scoring. Biometrics, in press.
3. Tannen R and Yu M (2017). Extension of the PERR Method to address "Unmeasured Confounding" of the Death Outcome. Learning Health Systems, in press.
4. McDaniel LS, Yu M, Chappell R (2016). Sample Size under the Additive Hazards Model. Clinical Trials: Journal of the Society for Clinical Trials, 13(2): 188-98. [Finalist, Society for Clinical Trials Thomas Chalmers Student Paper Award, 2014].
5. Xu Y, Yu M*, Zhao Y, Li Q, Wang S, Shao J (2015). Regularized Outcome Weighted Subgroup Identification for Differential Treatment Effects. Biometrics, 71, 645-53. [The John Van Ryzin Award of the International Biometrics Society, ENAR Region, 2014].
6. Lin Y, Yu M, Chappell R, Wang S, Imperiale T (2016). Advanced colorectal neoplasia risk stratification by penalized logistic regression. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 25(4):1677-91. [2012 International Society for Clinical Biostatistics Student Paper Award].
7. Yu M. (2013). Adjusted regression estimation for time-to-event data with differential measurement error. Biometrika. 100(3): 757-63.
8. Yu M and Nan B (2010). Regression calibration in semiparametric accelerated failure time models. Biometrics, 66, 405-414.
9. Nan B, Kalbfleish JD, Yu M (2009). Asymptotic Theory for the Semiparametric Accelerated Failure Time Model with Missing Data. Annals of Statistics, 37, 2531-76.
10. Yu M, Taylor JMG, Sandler HM (2008). Individual Prediction in Prostate Cancer Studies Using a Joint Longitudinal-Survival-Cure Model. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 103, 178-187.
Selected Collaboration Publications
11. Imperiale TF, Yu M, Monahan PO, Stump TE, Tabbey R, Glowinski E, Ransohoff DF (2017). Risk of Advanced Neoplasia Using the National Cancer Institute’s Colorectal Cancer Risk Assessment Tool. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 109 (1). [This Journal's Impact Score: 12.6].
12. Zhao SG, Chang SL, Spratt DE, Erho N, Yu M, Speers C, Den RB, Dicker AP, Freedland SJ, Karnes RJ, Ross A, Schaeffer EM, Davicioni E, and Feng FY (2016). The Development and Validation of a 24-gene Predictor of Response to Post-Operative Radiation Therapy in Prostate Cancer: A Matched Retrospective Analysis. Lancet Oncology, 17(11): 1612-1620. [This Journal's Impact Score: 24.7].
13. Kind AJH, Jencks S, Brock J, Yu M, Bartels C, Ehlenback W, Greenberg C and Smith M (2014). Neighborhood Socioeconomic Disadvantage and 30 Day Rehospitalizations: An Analysis of Medicare Data. Annals of Internal Medicine, 161(11):765-74. [This Journal's Impact Score: 17.2].
14. Wang L, Zhao Z, Meyer MB, Saha S, Yu M, Guo A, Wisinski KB, Huang W, Cai W, Pike JW, Yuan M, Ahlquist P, Xu W (2014). CARM1 methylates chromatin remodeling factor BAF155 to enhance tumor progression and metastasis. Cancer Cell, 25(1): 21-36. [This Journal's Impact Score: 23.2].
15.Fisher WI, Johnson AK, Elkins GR, Otte JL, Burns DS, Yu M, Carpenter JS (2013). Risk factors, pathophysiology, and treatment of hot flashes in cancer. CA: a Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 63(3):167-92. [This Journal's Impact Score: 187.0].
16. Carpenter JS and Yu M (2013). Hot flashes and sleep: curious or spurious link? Menopause, 20(10): 991-2. [Invited editorial].
17. Carpenter JS, Wu J, Burns DS, Yu M (2012). Perceived Control and Hot Flashes in Treatment-seeking Breast Cancer Survivors and Menopausal Women. Cancer Nursing, 35(3): 195-202. [Cover article].
18. Hahn NM, Zon RT, Yu M, Ademuyiwa FO, Jones T, Dugan W, Whalen C, Shanmugam R, Skaar T, Sweeney CJ (2009). A Phase II Study of Pemetrexed as Second-Line Chemotherapy for the Treatment of Metastatic Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC). Annals of Oncology, 20(12): 1971-6. [This Journal's Impact Score: 11.9].
19. Yang FC, Ingram DA, Chen S, Zhu Y, Yuan J, Li X, Yang X, Knowles S, Horn W, Li Y, Zhang S, Yang Y, Vakili ST, Yu M, Burns D, Robertson K, Hutchins G, Parada LF, Clapp DW. (2008). Nf1-Dependent Tumors Require a Microenvironment Containing Nf1+/- and c-kit-Dependent Bone Marrow. Cell, 135: 437-448. [This Journal's Impact Score: 30.4].
20. Taylor JMG, Yu M, Sandler HM (2005). Individualized Predictions of Disease Progression Following Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 23, 816-825. [This Journal's Impact Score: 24.0].
Search PubMed for other publications by Menggang Yu
Theory and Methods of Survival Analysis (Biostat/Stat 741)
Causal Inference and Subgroup Analysis (Short Course)
Clinical Trial Biostatistics (Short Course)
Longitudinal Data Analysis (Short Course)
Introduction to Survival Analysis (Short Course)
Clinical Biostatistics; Causal Inference; Risk Prediction; Treatment Selection; Comparative Effectiveness Research